Enjoy a stay at the Camping de Larbey and all that the natural environment of the mountains has to offer any time of the year… There's everything to see and do:
On the spot
Explore the mountains with professional guides to share some of the excitement in some quite unusual places, and in perfect safety.
- In the village there is a sports field for tennis, basket-ball, and football
- Can be reached from the camp-site via the "Voie Verte" (Green Path)which links Cauterets to Lourdes. Ideal for cycle rides, roller blading, family walks
- Shops and services close by, in the village of Pierrefitte-Nestalas with its market on Saturday mornings
What to see
- The XIIth century listed church at Nestalas and its museum,
- The tropical aquarium, the Abbey of Saint-Savin , the Aigles Dungeons
At the Camping de Larbey you are at the junction of the Cauterets and Luz Saint Sauveur valleys. With the Gaube Lake, the Vignemale, the Cirque de Gavarnie or Troumouse, the Pyrénées National Park or the Néouvielle reserve : come and discover all the protected flora and fauna...
- For skiing fans (downhill, surf or cross country) the Hautacam, Cauterets, Luz-Ardiden, Gavarnie and Tourmalet (La Mongie - Barèges) or Val d’Azun skiing resort are for all levels of proficiency. Enjoy the therapeutic effects of the spa waters of Argeles-Gazost, Beaucens, Cauterets, Luz and Barèges - Barzun.
- There’s unlimited paragliding, white water sports and rafting, hiking or horse riding. From March onwards fly or live bait fishing in the high mountain streams, rivers and lakes.
- Admire the Pyrénées from the Pic du Midi, which is accessible by cable car almost all year round.
- You can take in all the villages, washhouses, chapels and churches, which together form part of the Pyrenean heritage…
What to see: Lourdes and the Marian City with the Massabielle Caves, the castle, the Bernadette Museum….
The Bétharram Caves between Lourdes and Saint Pé de Bigorre, or from Médous to Bagnères de Bigorre, the Château of Mauvezin or for that matter the Gargas Caves, are just a few of the sites for you to explore and admire.
If you feel like a day out, you can get a flavour of the neighbouring Gers département through its Marciac jazz festival,… the Béarn region a short distance where you can always take in the Pourtalet Pass via the Aubisque Pass,